[windows2000] Re: Sharepoint authentication

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:26:14 -0400

Unless your SQL server is a DC (which I would NOT recommend) you should
set the DSN to use a fixed account, not integrated security... I.e.,
create a SQL login just for the portal stuff, and use the fixed login.

Not a sharepoint user, but I've fought with SQL pass-through enough to
recognize the symptoms...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.