[windows2000] SV: Re: Why do files remain locked on Terminal Server 2000?

  • From: Björn Hallin, Medidoc AB <bjorn.hallin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:26:19 +0200

No it's a 32-bit application (Delphi 5)

We have been reading about what's new in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 and
it seems possible that we got a solution.

Our customer has, or is about to, try this on one of the Terminal Servers
today,
we should know if it works in 24h.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q289509

"When tight loops of CreateFile and CloseHandle calls occur, the Windows
2000 SMB redirector may leak file handles. The CloseHandle calls return
successfully, but the redirector does not actually close the handle.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products
that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first
corrected in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3."

Regards,
Björn Hallin