[windows2000] SV: Old Domain Controllers

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:05:58 +0200

You should be. Since they dont exist any more, and everything works fine, they
do not seem to have any FSMO roles.

I would disable the accounts, and move them to a Buffer OU first. And delete
them later.

Since they clearly have not been demoted using dcpromo.exe, i would also check
for DNS/WINS functionality/replication towards these servers.

Mvh
Svein Arild