[windows2000] Resizing Windows Server 2003 partitions

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:05:53 +0200

Hi all,

Just installed Symantec Endpoint Protection v11 and its manager on a
win2k3-server machine and found it filled up nearly all of the c:-partition.
Since reinstalling the whole shebang is not an option I was looking into
resizing the C:-drive. Surprisingly SystemRescueCD (which boots Gentoo linux
and has Gparted available) isn't able to find any harddrives; gparted just
keeps on scanning w/o finding anything...

Would you guys have another (free) partition manager to recommend that might
work?

The machine is a Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy Econel 100 with raid0 (E:) on a
separate channel, while the first hd is a regular sata-drive with two regular
partions (C: and D:). I know some partition managers have troubles dealing
with raid-arrays, but this time I don't need to touch the raid, just the first
hd.

Any info sorting this out is of interest.

TIA.
--
BW,
        Sorin

# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#                                       Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# MotD follows:
# If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.