[windows2000] Re: Resetting Password Expiration

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:49:22 -0400

Well, when you're talking about scalability of an ASP appliction or
something, those millionths add up!

> All I find it does is add an unnecessary level of complexity
> to my scripts,
> since I cannot code variables in on the fly, and it also
> takes up a lot more
> room for all the DIM statements...

An extremely minor trade-off.  Calculate the amount of time you spend type
"dim x" verses trying to figure out why your script isn't doing what you
expect only to discover after searching for an hour to see that your typed
sFistName instead of sFirstName.

And there's certainly nothing wrong with helping out the WSH along the way.
I'm sorry, but there is simply no reason NOT to declare your variables other
than laziness and lack of discipline.  And if you're in this bad habit now,
you WILL change it when you start using a real programming language.

Ray at work