[windows2000] Re: Remote shudown/reboot at certain time?

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 03:52:46 -0700 (PDT)

I guess you can do it the scripting way with rskit and PSexec (Schedule batch
job) or you might want to consider Hyena niffty tool, but you would have to pay
for it.

Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all,

It's a bit irritating that I need two tools to shutdown and/or reboot a remote
computer.

For remote computers I use Shutdown Manager with the disadvantage I need to
find out how many seconds eight or so hours is every time I need to use.

Enter Daxtar's Shutdown Timer which allows a shutdown/reboot at a set time
using a clock-setting or a timed delay á la Shutdown Manager. Disadvantage is
that it doesn't support remote computers.

Would anybody know of a applet that bundles *both* these options, ie handles
remote computers *and* shutdown/reboot at a set time?

TIA.

--

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry, Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem, Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University, Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# () ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# Geeky it-haiku #08: Support-queues are empty/Users behaving nicely/CPU-fans
whir silently in the night.

FareChase.