[windows2000] Re: RDP console sessions

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:31:59 +0100

Excellent help. Thx Jim!

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://ThinHelp.com
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:38 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: RDP console sessions

It is the Windows XP SP2 version...you must already have SP2 installed.
You can save the file as an .RDP file and open the .rdp file with notepad
and add a Connect to Console value in the rdp file setting it to 1.  See
this page for more info...
http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/ts/rdpfile.htm

Here is how to edit an .rdp file with the GUI but there is no choice to add
the /console to the connection. You have to do this manually via notepad.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/Serve
rHelp/f47ce263-f72e-469d-bf14-6605b7f4cce5.mspx

Jim

Sorin Srbu e> wrote:
  I did now, and also tried installing it: "Remote desktop connection cannot
be installed because you already have a built-in RDP client installed".

  I'm at a loss... Any advice?