[windows2000] Question about firewalls

  • From: "Beaney, Derek" <Derek.Beaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 13:54:31 -0400

I know that there are firewalls out there that block programs from accessing
the web.

I got into a debate with a friend.. (who is a Linux freak... suse to be
exact) about Microsoft and having programs like windows media player
reporting back to Microsoft on what stuff you watch and what u listen to..

anyhow the question I have is if u have a firewall that blocks all outgoing
packets ( prohibits specified programs from accessing the net) is there
stuff imbedded in the os that would report back that wouldn't be stopped by
the firewall