[windows2000] Print Spooler & Computer Management

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:45:42 -0800

I'd like to be able to set it up so that my users can restart their print
spooler service without giving them access to the services panel, anyone
have any ideas?  Also, I've got this one program that breaks all the time
because they have junky code, they only way to fix it, is to close all the
network connections manually in computer management and then replace the
licensing file.  The annoying thing is that in computer management you can
only close one file at a time, I'd like to write a script that does this
automatically but I don't know how to access that programatically, does
anyone here have an idea?

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."  --Johnny Hart