[windows2000] Preventing Disabled Registry Message

  • From: "Stephen Taylor (Mitel Admin)" <STaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:51:45 +0100

Hi There

I hope someone can help.
We are running W2K domain with 2K pro and XP clients and group policies set for
users.
The problem I am having is that one of the options in our group policy is to
disable registry editing tools.
This works fine for w2k clients but for win xp clients the user get a "Registry
editing has been disabled by you administrator" message
after they logon. Is there a way to prevent this message appearing?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Stephen Taylor
Mitel Networks