[windows2000] Re: Pause timer for batch files?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:05:36 +0200

On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:56:37 +0100, Mark Cook wrote:

>If you use it as is AIDA32 will start and the logon script will continue,
>however, if you change it to
>
>Start /wait "%systemdrive%\program files\aida\aida32.exe" /R
>\\max\aida_logs\autoreport_$DATE\$HOSTNAME.csv /NAS /SAFE /NOICONS
>
>then the logon script will pause until the aida32 process has completed,
>then continue.  This way you shouldn't even need a sleep command !

Just tried, and it won't create a report to the share when using
the start /wait-sequence. Strange... Any ideas as to why? I still
think it's some kind of time-out problem, but can't figure out how
and why.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: Dyslexics retyping hosts file on servers