[windows2000] Password Policies

  • From: "Farrugia, Paul" <pfarrugia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:21:59 -0400

Hello,

We currently have a policy that forces users to change their password
every 42 days. This policy also states that the length of the password
has to be a minimum of 5 characters. We are looking to change the policy
to a minimum of 8 characters as well as forcing complex passwords.

When I make this change to the policy will the users be forced to change
their password at next logon or will the policy apply to them when their
current password expires? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Paul.