[windows2000] Re: Office

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:39:47 +0100

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:36:34 -0500, Bill Beckett wrote:

>Tried to research this one but wasn't sure what to search on....odd shaped
>boxes? Anyway, I have a user who is running a desktop session to a 2000
>terminal Server box. On the server runs office 2002. When he opens a
>document in word and leaves it unattended for a while, when he returns a
>fair amount of the text and numbers changes to little square boxes. Some of
>the text is readable, some is not. No one else on this TS has this problem,
>seems to be isolated to this user. Any ideas on this one?

Graphics problems, hard or soft, maybe? I've those blocks when the
graphics drivers are either corrupt or old. Reinstalling the old,
or update them usually fixes the problems. Sometimes when the
computer is doing intensive work in the background, I've this sort
of corruption too. It usually solves itself when the background
task is done.

FWIW...

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# Hardware /nm./: the part of the computer that you can kick.