[windows2000] Re: OT windows 2003 domain functional level

  • From: Chris Buechler <win2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:08:48 -0500

Joanne Determann wrote:

Both my DCs are upgraded to 2003 and most of my member servers. I still haven’t raised the functional level, do I wait until all the servers are at 2003? Or can I do it now?

As long as all your DC's are 2003, and you aren't going to add any 2000 DC's, you can raise the functional level. The functional level only affects what OS can serve as a domain controller, it doesn't affect member servers.