[windows2000] OT: VB.Net to MC++ translation

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:45:15 -0500

Having never programmed in Managed C++, I find myself suddenly wanting to do
something that should be simple...

I have a DLL which contains a bunch of objects, methods, and properties.  To
access this stuff in VB.NET, I use this code:

Imports KCS.xAP.Framework.Transport
'This is an object from the namespace listed above
Private xapListen As xAPHeartbeatListener

'Use a method of that object
xapListen = xAPListenerPortDetector.CreateConfiguredListener
xapListen.Start()

'Do some stuff here

xapListen.dispose()
xapListen = Nothing

Can anyone give me an example of similar MC++ code?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.