[windows2000] Re: OT: Spec'ing Air Con. :VSMail mx3

  • From: James LaBorde <jlaborde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:59:12 -0700

Steve,

Your best bet is to find a few local vendors and ask them for a quote on a
unit that would be sufficient for your needs.  Let them know cost is an
issue and you don't want to go overkill.  You will likely get the
approximate size you need from them and then you can sound like a genius
when you tell the PTB that while 5kW would be too little, you could get by
with 7.5 rather than the 10.  We had our old unit go out in our computer
room and every company that gave us a quote told us the old unit was
underpowered for the needs we currently have and almost without fail, they
recommended the same size unit to meet our current needs.

James