[windows2000] Re: OT: Office plant suggestions

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:51:11 +0100

Ray Costanzo <> wrote on Monday, March 12, 2007 5:23 PM:

This is so cool! I thought I was the only it-guy who actually had more than
one (real) plants in my office!

Mine are sturdy ones. Dunno' their names but images can be found here:
<<<http://www.anst.uu.se/sosrb676/images/plants/>>>.

The darker green plant with the thick leaves's some kind of succulent that can
go for weeks w/o water. It just sags a bit when the water is low.

The one in the window with the oblong green leaves is also very sturdy; I've
had this one for over six years, from when I started to work as the it-guy at
the dept in a small 2x2m office (closet with no windows really...). Once I
forgot it for over two months...

The one with the whiteish leaves is a plant I got from sweet old lady at the
dept who's deeply into orchids. Got it about a year ago and which at the time
was approx 10cm long. Today it's about 3m, and I had to build a makeshift
trellis and loop it to fit it in my office. Grows like crazy... Needs water on
a more regular basis, but if you forget it for a month and water it after,
it's quite able to revive itself.

Ignore the funky pink water can. From Ikea. Only colour available at the time.
One US dollar approx. 8-)

HTH.