[windows2000] OT - ISA Server and FTP

  • From: "Farrugia, Paul" <pfarrugia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:39:20 -0400

Hello,

Anyone have an idea as to why I would not be able to access external FTP
sites from behind my ISA Server?

If I try to access the sites from the ISA server itself, I have no
problems. The problem only occurs when I try to access the sites from
workstations that are behind the server. I thought that there was a
configuration problem with the protocol rules on the server, but I have
configured the rules to allow FTP traffic using the defaults in ISA. I
did see that the default source and destination for FTP is port 21.

Do I have to create a custom rule that will allow FTP to go through port
21 on the ISA BUT coming from a different port from the workstations?

Thanks,

Paul.