[windows2000] OT: Customising Word 2000 Templates

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:57:10 -0000

We have around 100 word templates (letters, forms, etc) that all have a custom
footer with the office address and details.  This means that for every template
there is a different copy for each office (ie. 4 offices = 400 templates).  The
problem this brings is when any template is updated not every office version of
that template is updated.  This means that we now have a mismatch of different
offices using different version of what should be the same document.

Anyone have any ideas how (or if there is even a suitable solution) so we can
have 1 copy of the template, and the required office footer can be selected, or
merged in, upon creating the document.

The documents can be emailed to our client and customers so once the selection
has initially been made this process should be complete hidden to them.

Any ideas on achieving this?

Thanks,
Steve Rance
IT Manager
Daly International
Please send IT Support related email to itsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

T: 01635 37224
M: 07887 555849
E: steve.rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail and then delete all
material from your system.
Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to
be the views of Daly International.
This e-mail does not form part of a legally binding agreement. We have taken
precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise that you carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this
message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
viruses