[windows2000] OT: Cicada update

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:55:42 -0400

Here is the cicada update for South Coventry, PA, USA.

On Sunday, May 16th 2004 at 11:29 PM EDT, I saw the first brood X cicada
banging into a screen in an upstairs window at my home.  I expected to see
lots of them after seeing this first one, but I did not see another cicada
until Wednesday, May 19th.  And then again, it was just one single cicada.
Two miles up the road, the cicadas had already been swarming for over a
week.  WTF?  No cicadas at home in South Coventry, and no cicadas at work in
Harleysville, PA.  Sumneytown has cicadas though.

Ah, but, then I woke up this morning, went downstairs and poured some coffee
in the kitchen where a window was slightly open, and there was the cicada
sound!  They are not yet in my back yard, but it sounded as though they were
about 400 yards away.  I expect to go home from work today and hear and see
them in my back yard.  My house is plopped in the middle of a big wooded
lot, so I anticipate having millions of cicadas on my land.  I cannot wait.

This is the cicada update for South Coventry, PA, USA.

Ray at work