[windows2000] Re: OT: Checking NAT device

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:18:57 -0400

How about a simple packet sniffer on a hub between the external interface and
the rest of the world?

Take a hub, plug one port into your "WAN" connection and plug another into the
"WAN" NIC on your server.

Plug in a laptop, and load up ethereal.  Start capturing packets, and then sort
by mac address.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.