[windows2000] Re: Narrator service running...

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 07:44:38 -0400

When you say logon locally are you logging on to the domain or the local
machine?   Are you using the same account for rdp and local logon?   This
setting is a per user profile setting, you can turn off accessibility in
GPO.  However all you should need to do is a change user /install from a
command prompt as admin and go to accessiblity from the start menu and turn
it off.  then do a change user /execute from the command prompt and should
be turned off for everyone.
Of course the other way to do it is to just rename or change the security
access to deny the user to run it on the narrator.exe in
%SystemRoot%\system32\narrator.exe and that will surely stop it.
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com