[windows2000] Re: Mirroring two users Favorites?

  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:02:28 -0400

That was supposed to be "Weird Windows INSTALLER messages"

Sorry...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sorin Srbu
Posted At: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 10:28 AM

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:05:24 +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>>Change the value at
>>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
>>Folders\Favorites to point to a UNC...
>
>Is this a "sticky" registry setting or will it be overwritten byt
>the Default Domain Policy (DDP) GPO, if it contains a different
>setting? I checked my DDP on the DCs but didn't find anything
>relating to the location of the Favorites folder.
>
>>Copy one of the user's favorites there...
>>
>>Make the UNC available offline (for XP/Win2K clients) if you want them to be
>>able to roam off the network and still use the favorites.
>
>Can't be simpler. Thx. 8-)

Works like a charm! Also the settings seem to be sticky.

Thx Glenn!

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: Sysadmin accidentally destroyed pager with
a large hammer.