[windows2000] Re: Microsoft Ships Last-Minute Windows 2000 Update Rollup

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:38:20 +0200

Specifically "ACD Labs LogD Suite v4.5". It was made, AFAICT, around
1999-2000, when WinNT4 was still the hottest rage on the block. The
update rollup broke all installs where this app suite was installed, and
where win2k is the OS. However reinstalling the suite on a computer that
already has the rollup installed, seems to make the suite work still. At
least on the two test-cases I have handy here.

The ACD Labs Suite depends on some borland dlls, that may have been
broken at the patching.

There may be other software involved, but those are quite specific for
our R&D dept at this university. However, nobody has said anything yet
though.

HTH.