[windows2000] Re: Memory

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:46:50 -0800

>From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I was wondering about something. Right now one of my computers has
>512MB of ram (ddr266) and I was wondering if I was to replace the
>512mb of DDR memory with 1gb of pc133, will peformance be
>slower/faster/same?

Like most things involving computers that depends, if you're routinely
running things that take more than 512mb and have to go to HDD then maybe,
but 9 times out of ten that would make your computer slower due to the
longer access times.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."  --Johnny Hart