[windows2000] Re: Licences

  • From: Frank Monroe <Frank.Monroe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:03:43 -0400

It depends how the licenses were acquired.  First, I am assume you mean
Windows 2000 Workstation when you say Windows 2000.

If they were acquired from a select or enterprise agreement, they can be
transferred but only if you transfer all of the licenses on the particular
agreement.

If they were acquired via an OEM, i.e. they were pre-installed on the system
you purchased, yes.  But you have to transfer the hardware as OEM licenses
follow the hardware.

If they are retail licenses, just stop using them and give them away.

I'm not sure about the TSCAL's.  The last time I checked you are only
allowed to move them to a different system one time even though the
enforcement mechanism has recently been made more flexible.

Frank