[windows2000] ISA Server 2000 Setup

  • From: Robert Jackson <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:59:34 +0100

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up my 1st ISA server configuration on Active
Directory.

I have a group of Terminal Servers (W2K within the same domain) that I would
like to access the Internet from, through ISA. The ISA server software is
located on a domain controller (not the PDC).

I've set-up DNS on the ISA server and from one of the other Terminal Servers
can
directly access the Internet (therefore I'm assuming that my DNS set-up is
correct).

My problem is that I cannot get automatic authentication of Internet access
through ISA working.

I either get no authentication happening (i.e., the Internet access is
registered
against the anonymous user and I end up with error 502). Or, I get prompted
for user name, password and domain name (which I don't want), however when
I key in valid user account details, they are treated as not valid and I end
up
with error 407). I'm using integrated authentication for the listener. I get
prompted for authentication only when I select 'Ask unauthenticated users
for
identification'.

Can someone please help?

TIA,
Rab.
Robert Jackson                                  Phone: +44 (0) 141 332 7999
Software Engineer                                 Fax:  +44 (0) 141 331 2820
Walker Martyn Ltd
1 Park Circus Place                            Email: rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glasgow G3 6AH, Scotland                   Web:
http://www.walkermartyn.co.uk

The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
Walker Martyn Ltd or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact  administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx