[windows2000] Re: IIS uninstalled/reinstalled: How do I reestablish our websites

  • From: Aaron Dokey <adokey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:47:33 -0500

If you have a backup of the metabase then you can just restore that from a
file.  It sounds like you probably don't however, in which case you'll have
to re-create all the webs again and point them to the proper directories.
IIS doesn't store anything about the web setup inside the directories
themselves, that is all stored in the metabase.

You can backup and restore the metabase easily in the IIS MMC applet by
right clicking on the host and choosing "Backup/Restore Configuration".

-Aaron

Aaron Dokey - MIS
Reid Tool Supply
2265 Black Creek Rd.