[windows2000] Re: IE 7

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:17:54 -0400

You don't ride into work on a horse, do you?  <g>

> i understand keeping up with the latest and greatest for your
> own benefit,
> but why push out something that most people dont need? and
> depending on how
> people use their computer, will their computing experience be the
> worst/same/better if you upgrade their software.

First of all, they are our (my department) computers and we will decide what
they need on them.  And secondly, where I work has a global philosophy of
"this is the way we've always done it" and "don't fix something that isn't
broken."  That is wrong.  If you don't change and fix things that aren't
broken, you get left behind.  We can't afford to be left behind.  Did you
ever want to send someone a Word document and the person tells you that he
doesn't have Office or something like that?  Or how about people who don't
have computers?  Why get a computer when you can use a typewriter?  Screw
all that.  There are more and more people my age that are starting to work
here, and we are gradually force-changing a lot of things around here.  And
that's nice.  It took me a couple of years, but I have finally convinced
those who needed to be to get rid of Novell and Tivoli.  I'm still working
other things, but I'm making progress.

Ray at work running current technology

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com