[windows2000] HP OEM WinXP Pro CD

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:17:26 -0500

I'm in a little bit of a bind...

We have ONE HP Desktop in our whole company.  It was purchased by the
government, and is technically their property.

The hard drive died yesterday... I overnighted a new one here, but it
turns out that I do not have an HP OEM CD for WinXP Pro.

I thought that I might be able to install using my retail copy, and then
do a "Change product key" in the activation screen, but it does not
accept my product key as valid.

Any thought, besides having to call HP and hope that they can send me a
cd?  Anyone have one that they can rip to an image for me to download?

I can send you picture of the product key sticker, if you want proof
that it was bought with an OEM license...

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

//www.freelists.org/list/windows2000