[windows2000] Re: HKCU/HKU on remote machine

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:14:42 -0400

The batch I sent you has no output... it sets the %SID% environment variable
to the SID you are looking for.

GETSID is used to compare a SID on two different domain controllers, but it
you feed the same server and account name twice, it will obviously match,
and provide you with the SID.

For example:
GetSID \\DC1 GSullivan \\DC1 GSullivan

Or just change the line that ends in:
...do set sid=%%i

to:
...do echo %%i

To make that script from JSIINC work the way you want it to.

HTH!

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.