[windows2000] Re: HELP!!!!! (win2k advanced server)

  • From: "slymax" <groups@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:54:55 -0400

Don't worry, this may not turn out to be too bad.  You're able to log
onto your machine, right?  It just prompts you for a password when going
to your web page?

Try browsing locally to your inetpub folder (or wherever you keep your
web pages).  Check the ACLs on that folder.  If you're only using static
files such as html and jpg, you want to make sure the "everyone" group
has read access to those files.  That way, it should not prompt visitors
for a username/password.

Check that and let us know what happens.

Steve H
http://vette.slymax.com

This Weeks Sponsor