[windows2000] Re: [Fwd: Re:

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:11:27 +0200

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:05:32 +0200, Errol & Estelle Sapir wrote:

>I thought I'd checked the trusts. I gave administrator rights top the
>"main" domain and I thought this should be ok. Am I missing something?
>On comparison the trusts SEEM to be the same as the domain that works.
>Is there  a way of checking trusts? some program or command?

Ntdsutil?

Sorry, I'm not to familiar with the inner workings of AD. I usually
leave this to our über-domain admins at the uni.

However, my understanding is that ntdsutil is THE swiss army knife
of AD. You might also have some luck checking here

>http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/20344/20344.html

and/or

>http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/13522/13522.html

HTH.

>>>As I said in my request for aid, the three servers are connected
>>>physically through a unmanaged switch. I supply DNS connection to the
>>>internet to two of the domains. The third domain (secretariat) isn't
>>>allowed to be connected to the internet by the by-laws of the ministry
>>>of education.
>>>Here's the weird bit. In trying to connect the servers to the new AV we
>>>purchased, the domain which HAS the connection to the internet is the
>>>one that WON"T accept the corporate AV. The secretariat has accepted the
>>>AV without problems.
>>>As I said, all domains are independent other than the common connection
>>>through the switch.
>>

>> Did you check the trusts?

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: You need to install an RTFM interface.