[windows2000] Futile Effort?

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:59:11 -0400

I'm trying to clone a system from one server to another... But they have
different RAID controllers.

I swear I've done it before...

I ghosted the system partition to a file on an IDE drive.  Then I
created the appropriate RAID config on the new machine and restored the
image.

I can get Win2K to boot off the CD, or off of a NTLDR boot floppy.  But
windows complains of inaccessible boot device (because of the different
drivers...)

Does anyone know if this will work:
Load the new raid drivers on the old machine (right click on the INF
file and hit install.)

Then ghost and restore to the new machine...

I just don't want to come in tonight for two hours of ghosting fun, only
to find it doesn't work...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.