[windows2000] EFS question

  • From: "Joanne Determann" <joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:52:17 -0400

I've just started to look into XP EFS for our laptop users.

On some files I try to encrypt I get an error about an "invalid recovery
agent" Administrator is defined as the recovery agent in the default
domain policy. It's only some files I'm having trouble with, not all.
The 'details' button is greyed out on the files that don't encrypt and
yet some with the greyed out "details" I can encrypt. If I go into the
successful files I can see the recovery agent is indeed Administrator.
Clients are XP
DC is 2000
Help! Joanne