[windows2000] Dr Watson crisis

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:05:29 -0000

I have a server that has intermittently ground to a halt - usually in
the evenings, when the first I hear is that it is dead. What we think is
the same problem ahs now occurred again. Not sure what the initial
problem is, but in my task manager processes, I now have about 30
drwtsn32.exe processes running. They each only take up about 40k and
negligible (<1%) processing power each; but there are 30 of them. I have
now switched off Dr Watson. No log files seem to be generated in any
case.

Anyone got any ideas how to kill these processes (The normal end process
does not work)?

Nick