[windows2000] Re: Download Pick of the Week: Unofficial Dayli ght Savings Time fix.

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:15:42 -0700

Not to turn this into a political science class, but I do recall from
Junior High (they call it "middle school" these days) that congress
create bills, they vote on them, supposedly with the wishes of their
constituents, once that process is done, and the bill is voted on and
passed, then it is sent to the President for his approval/disapproval.
(signs it into law, or vetoes it)  So maybe, just maybe one might
contact their rep or senator, or see if he/she voted for or against it,
then go from there, instead of jumping on the bash Bush bandwagon. Sure,
it's the thing to do these days, isn't it?

As far as saving energy, that's a crock. Actually, it seemed that they
were hyping that it was for the safety of the kids. (more often than not,
when the words kids/children comes up in any government plan, you can
bet someone is going to pay)  I work late a couple of nights a week,
when it was getting dark, a LOT of people were making a beeline home.
Now that it doesn't get dark so early, people are doing a LOT more
things now that it stays light later. Meaning, people are using MORE
energy. Notice gas prices has went almost $1 in the last month and a
half? (At least here in Southern California)  Sure, you won't have to
use lights and all in your home until much later, but personally, I
don't think three weeks makes all that much difference because the days
were starting to get longer anyway. <shrug>

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:14:03 -0700, Daryl Ehrenheim <d.ehrenheim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
took time to say the following:

> The reason behind the change was to save energy. Good old President Bush and
> Advisors came up with the idea that if it stayed lighter longer, sooner that
> we would save million$ in energy costs. Hence the change. Hope their
> calculations were right.
>
> Daryl S. Ehrenheim
> Bargreen Ellingson - IT Support

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels