[windows2000] Re: Download Pick of the Week: SequoiaView Graphical Tree Map

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:49:36 -0800

I just tried to get this, but I can not, for the life of me connect to
the site! :-(  I googled it and it seems all the sites link back to the
homepage, which I can not connect to! :-(  If someone that has it would
e-mail me it, I would be ever so grateful! :-)  It looks to be quite
small so it shouldn't be a problem sending it.

TIA!

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:23:23 -0800 (PST), "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com";
<jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> took time to say the following:

JKh> Hi All,
JKh>   Rick Mack of Volante Systems pointed out to me this very cool FREE
utility to graphically map your hard disk so that you can see what files are
taking up the most disk space.  The utility uses a screen of squares that vary
in size depending on the file size so that you can instantly find the files on
your drive that are taking up the most space.  The wow factor aside this would
be immensely useful on your users file storage server to weed out which users
are abusing your storage per se.

JKh>   Here is the info:
JKh>   SequoiaView was developed by the computer science department of the
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven and can be downloaded for free. It is a very
small download, only 500 k in size and scans your disk very quickly!

JKh>   SequoiaView uses a visualization technique called cushion treemaps to
provide you with a single picture of the entire contents of your hard drive.
You can use it to locate those large files that you haven't accessed in one
year, or to quickly locate the largest picture files on your drive.

JKh>   Sample screen the larger the box...the larger the file!
JKh>
JKh>
JKh>   More information and Download the file from:
JKh>
JKh>   http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/
JKh>
JKh>
JKh>
JKh>
JKh>
JKh> Jim Kenzig
JKh> CEO The Kenzig Group
JKh> http://www.kenzig.com