[windows2000] Re: Deploying Symantec Corporate Edition

  • From: James Winzenz <James.Winzenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:09:58 -0700

Woohoo!  Gotta love it <NOT>.  Have you considered creating install packages
from your NAV server?  You can create silent installation packages . . . Or
is this what you are planning on doing?  I know the packages can be either
silent or non-silent, depending on what you want.  The silent packages don't
even show a popup to indicate they are being installed, which can be a
downside if something happens and it crashes.  Personally, the packages we
used were quasi-silent - got a basic window indicating that NAV was being
installed, then got the out of date virus defs message to know that it
installed properly.

James Winzenz, MCSE, A+
Associate Systems Administrator
InovisTM, formerly Harbinger and Extricity