[windows2000] Re: DHCP Dynamic updates

  • From: "James Lilly" <LillyJ@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Nick.Fitzgerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:18:05 -0400

Is you DNS zone (Right click on it in the DNS MMC and select Properties)
configured to accept dynamic updates on the General tab?

Hope this helps;
James

>>> Nick.Fitzgerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 8/11/2004 9:04:40 AM >>>
Hi All,

I have recently implemented a Microsoft Windows 2000 DHCP server. The
server
is configured to update an Active directory integrated DNS zone
dynamically.
The server appears to be leasing addresses and also appears to be
updating
DNS, however all the lease icons within the DHCP MMC denote that there
are
DNS updates pending. This does not change, they always denote a DNS
update
is pending.

Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any further info on
this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nick Fitzgerald

<P><FONT face=Arial size=1></font><p><font face="Arial"
size="1">IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission has been issued by a member
of Baring Financial Services Group (&quot;BFSG&quot;) for the
information of the addressee only.  It may contain information that is
confidential and/or privileged and should not be reproduced and/or
distributed to any other person without the consent of BFSG.  Any
document attached hereto must be read in conjunction with any disclaimer
which forms part of it and you are advised to read the additional
notifications which can be accessed from the URL below.  If you are not
the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete the e-mail
from your system.&nbsp;
E-mails are susceptible to data corruption, interception,
falsification, delay, unauthorised amendment and viruses.  BFSG does not
accept liability for any such events or any consequences thereof in
respect of e-mails sent, or received, by us and whilst we have taken
every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail
has been swept for viruses, we cannot accept any liability for any loss
or damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise
that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
In circumstances where the content of this transmission is important you
should not rely on its integrity without verifying it by telephone or
facsimile. Any communications transmitted by telephone, facsimile and
e-mail to, or by, you may be accessed, recorded, monitored and/or made
available to BFSG.
<a