[windows2000] Re: Crash XP on demand?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:14:00 +0100

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:35:24 -0000, Daniel Ensor wrote:

>Ok, so I'm not being totally daft ;-)

Definitely not. 8-)

>Fair play then, that freezing issue sounds nasty.

Doesn't happen all the time everywhere, more like when trying out
new drivers and stuff. I've alsa had this happen the first time I
upgraded a win2k DC to win2k3. The DC in question was the backup DC
I think. Dunno why this at all happened. Could have been left-overs
from the old domain, or possibly some eide-controller driver or
something. Anyway, after the reboot it hasn't happened again.

>You're right you do get more with a BSOD than a hard reset, dump file for a
>start.

Yupp.

>I'm always paranoid about pushing the reset as didn't it used to fry
>the chip if held too long. (In the old old days of turbo buttons?!!)

It did?? Geez...

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: piezo-electric interference