[windows2000] Common DNS user error

  • From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 02:23:50 -0500

Hi there list,

I'm trying to setup a DNS server for a new domain.  I installed DNS on
the server and added a zone for mydomainname.com and host for www.  When
using this server as my DNS server, I can resolve WWW.mydomainname.com
but not just mydomainname.com.  I know that this is a common user error
for people who don't know what the hell they're doing and I've been
playing around and can't get it to resolve just mydomainname.com.  If I
could add a null host or something like that, that would be cool.  And I
have no problem with subdomains like sub.mydomainname.com or something
like that.  But just the mydomainname.com, I can't get it.  Can anyone
tell me what to do, please?

Thanks a lot,

Ray at home