[windows2000] Cleanup after aborted Service Pack installations

  • From: "Hazen Woods" <ehw@xxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 06:46:50 -0500

 My internet connection is dialup.  Consequently, several attempts to install
service packs have ended in
failure.  My Win2000 Pro is currently at SP 2.  I gave up downloading SP 3 and
SP 4 and have now
obtained a CD for SP 4.  Each time I would begin an install I would choose to
backup up existing system.
It occurs to me that I should clean up any of the residual files/directories
laid down in these previous
attempts before install SP4.

Please advise whether this should be done, and what files/directories to
delete. TIA

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA
eCS and Win2k Pro