[windows2000] Re: Automating a Selective Delete

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:28:33 -0400

http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/Scripts/?File=DelOld-F.BAT

I use it every day to purge my backup logs...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James LaBorde
Posted At: Monday, June 06, 2005 7:13 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: Automating a Selective Delete
Subject: [windows2000] Automating a Selective Delete

Hello everyone,

I have been presented with an interesting problem and I was hoping
someone here may have an idea that could get me started.  I need to
delete files and sub-directories out of a number of directories.  The
catch is that I have to delete only those that are over one week old.
Is this possible with a simple script or am I looking at using a
programming language like VB?

Thank You,
James