[windows2000] Re: Advise

  • From: Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:51:21 -0500

Dave Flaim wrote:
Hi All

Just checking to see if anybody has ever used or has any recommendations for the following services.

1. Email Store and Forward - we have our own email server and would like to have a service provide a store and forward service incase our server goes down - we want the email stored until we can get server back up and then have the email forwarded to our server again.

2. Off-site backup solution with MS Exchange and MS SQL capability. These normally work in a way, where once the main data is backed up, then only the changes (deltas) to the files are updated nightly or at whatever frequency is desired, to a remote location.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dave

Hi Dave, for your item (1), I am successfully using Sendmail on Linux - it serves as backup MX to MS Exchange servers. If the Exchange servers go down, the Sendmail box receives and holds email until the Exchange server comes back up.

For your item (2), look at http://www.pcsn.net/dr/index.asp

HTH.

--
--Moby

deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a
Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was
not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. -- Pastor Martin Niemöller