[windows2000] Re: AD user rights question

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:54:28 -0700 (PDT)

 Go to this and read about this utility setACL:
http://www.helge.mynetcologne.de/setacl/
The page reads:
SetACL.exe: Set Windows NT/2000 permissions (DACLs) on virtually anything
 SetACL.exe is a free program for setting permissions on Windows NT/2000
systems. I started developing it in early
 march 2001, when I needed a program that could set permissions on printers,
but could not find one. I learned that
 setting permissions programmatically on printers is basically the same as on
files, directories, registry keys, services,
 and so on.
 SetACL is supposed to be fast. If it is not really fast (slow, maybe?) on your
system, please check your name
 resolution settings (WINS, DNS, etc.). If it still does not behave, please
contact the author (see bottom of page).
  Steven Peck DNET <speck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try this article and see if it gets you where you need to go.
http://www.swynk.com/friends/loomes/win2kacl.asp

I haven't had this issue, but I am getting ready to update my certs (cause I
don't have to pay for the test so I might as well :) and the compatws.inf
has come up a number of times in the study materials.

-sp