Re: winamp plugins

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:48:18 -0500

hi bud
I bet you got lost in the skins section of the tree view. that's really easy to get stuck in. the fix i found is to press your home key and go to the top of the tree view and arrow down. after pressing your down arrow key for some time, you're likely to hear,

, skins installed skins listbox, Winamp classic, 1 of 1.
if you did, then press your tab key and get back to the tree view and arrow down once more and you'll hear, classic skins, 1 of 1. now keep pressing your down arrow key and you'll get to the plugins section. in that you have input, output, general purpose, and dsp/effect. output is where you want to be. once there, tab to the list box of plugins and choose wave out. There you go.

At 10:13 AM 8/6/2005, you wrote:
in order to have the winamp volume control operate separately from other channels passing through my sound card, i've been told i need to select the wavout plugin in the preferances list. in my version of winamp, 5.94 pro, there are eight items, and plugins is not one of them. i've checked the winamp folder and there are 42 plugins listed, one of which is outwav.dll. how can i find a way to select diffent plugins?

Bud Keith

Beware the leader who bangs the drum of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fever, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword; it emboldens the blood just as it narrows the mind. Julius Caesar