winamp file types question for a friend

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp for the blind list" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:13:12 -0700

Hi all, a friend has just downloaded winamp, and I don't know what to
tell her about what she should do, other than to let winamp play all
the file types it can.  Her message is below.

I don't know very much about file types for sound or music.  So, when I
went
into the Winamp properties, I found the place to uncheck the default
button,
so different file types can be selected to play with Winamp.  But, I
don't
know what to check and what to leave unchecked.

The thing that I wanted to do was make it possible so Windows Media
Player
would play a download from QVC.  Now, when I try to play the video by
clicking on the link, it tells me that the file cannot be played by the

default player.  I'm assuming that Winamp has set itself up as the
default,
since I could play this before downloading Winamp.

Right now, I just left Winamp set as it was downloaded.  If you can
provide
any information about what I should do, I'd appreciate it.

Marty