Re: winamp and internet explorer and windows media player

  • From: "Joseph Machise" <josephmachise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:03:28 -0500

Thanks Cris
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: winamp and internet explorer and windows media player

Joseph

I think you are out of luck on this one.
As has been said on this list more times than I am even ready to think about, Winamp was never actually meant to play some file types, such as windows media and real player. If Winamp is not a supported player on the site you're listening to these shows on, it simply. isn't. going. to work.
So listen to these shows with one of the players that actually works, rather than beating your head against the wall, trying to get a player that won't work to do what you want.
The problem is that Winamp will play these file types but it is very unreliable in some cases, especially on websites, because the files used aren't meant to be played in winamp. So again, please use one of the players the site supports. I know it's not the answer you wanted, but i'm gibing you the most honest answer I can. Now others may write in and say, oh i got it to work with such and such a site, which is great. But it doesn't work with all of them out there, plus sometimes you really have to do a lot of trickery to get it to work. Most people believe in the keep it simple concept. they just wanna click and listen. and unfortunately in this case, Winamp won't work with this site reliably.
It's just so inconsistant. So again, use one of the players the site supports and just listen with that.

At 02:16 AM 11/15/2005, you wrote:
People on the list,
I just tried to open peter shank on the site with winamp,
but something happened and both windows media player opens it,and inter net explorer,
opens the file, I tried checking all the files in winamp and windows media player, I can get it on the site to play in windows media but not in winamp, it will play in inter net explorer.
Please try to help.
Joseph.

Why do bad things happen to good people!