Re: winamp 5.541, jaws 11 and windows 7

  • From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:06:30 -0600

There are definitely some problems reading on line content with the Library in Winamp. I don't have any trouble reading the local library though, including using it to manage my podcasts. Take a look at the help in JFW for some hints and tips. The best of these is probably to use the F6 key to jump between the panel with the content in it and the list of elements in the library to access. note that as you arrow up and down this list, your focus mmay be pulled into the content panel, in which case, you'll need to use the F6 and/or control-tab keys to get back into the list.

Of course, you could always roll back to an older version of Winamp, or use some alternatives such as Windows Media Player or FooBar. I'm not aware of any other accessible library suite, but I'm always keeping an eye out for them, so if anyone has any suggestions, go ahead and post them.

Oh, I should also mention that Songbird is annoyingly close to being accessible. There are probably just a few shortcut keys I need to figure out for it to be pretty much accessible. Again, if anyone has had any more luck with Songbird then me then please share your findings!

--
Christopher
chaltain@xxxxxxxxx

On 3/12/2010 7:41 AM, Robert Robinson wrote:
ok then, I don't think I need to say what all of the versions are, because they are in the subject header. So, straight to the problem. First of all, I've been away from the mailing list for some time now, so I have missed a considerable number of problems and fixes, so I apologize ahead of time if this was already discussed. The first problem I have noticed, is that the library won't read worth a damn. I am likely missing an obvious step, but with the frustration, I just can't seem to see it yet. Secondly, every time I attempt to place a time marker, although the track is playing, jaws tells me that there is no track playing. I was running version 5.09 of winamp for the longest time, and everything was working fine. I decided to install this version, and whammo, I am running into a plethora of problems. I am wondering if it might be better to go back to my previous version if these are the type of problems that continuously happen. Any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated!
Sincerely, Robert Robinson
robert.trj@xxxxxxxxxx